Withdrawal Management Services
Must be available to rotate through all 3 shifts, Monday to Friday & weekends Days: 0730 – 1530 Afternoons: 1530 – 2330 Nights: 2330 - 0730
$23.04 to $24.187 per hour
Reporting to the Manager and Coordinator of Withdrawal Management Services, the incumbent admits persons experiencing problems from alcohol and/or drug use to the service; monitors clients withdrawal symptoms, manages clients in the service while providing encouragement, support, facilitates psycho-educational groups, helps keep the residential service in an orderly fashion and maintains appropriate records on each client. Must be available to work all shifts.
1. An International Certified Addiction & Drug Counsellor designation OR Diploma in Human Services with major in Addictions OR equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
2. Experience in Withdrawal Management Services required.
3. Completion of Core Knowledge for WMS Workers course (or equivalent) required or completion within 1 year from date of hire.
4. Emergency First Aid Certification required.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of the addictions services continuum.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required. The ability to speak a second language an asset.
7. Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
8. Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to provide effective client-centered care, and the ability to function as a team player.
9. Strong commitment to upgrading and continuing education in addiction studies.
10. Satisfactory attendance record
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.