Quality, Safety and Integrated Risk
$43.71 to $51.692 per hour
The Quality and Safety Consultant is responsible for enabling innovative approaches to patient safety and quality at St. Joe's.
Reporting to the Manager of Quality, Patient Safety and Integrated Risk, the Quality and Safety Consultant provides guidance and leadership for patient safety and quality improvement initiatives which are aligned with St. Joe's Strategic Plan, Quality Improvement Plan, Patient Safety Plan, the Integrated Risk Management framework and Accreditation. She/ He will collaborate with programs to analyze current practices and work flows, collect and use data to identify opportunities for improvement, facilitate group discussions, and develop and implement change ideas. The consultant will leverage innovative quality improvement strategies and techniques while managing improvement projects and initiatives within their programs.
The Consultant will also support the corporate event review process including the meaningful use of the safety reporting system. Working in partnership with their clinical program, the Consultant will ensure the implementation of recommendations to improve safety identified through safety event reviews, safety incidents, data analysis, trends and/or Coroner recommendations.
• Leadership on patient safety and managing risk.
• Leadership on quality improvement and innovation.
• Master's degree required (in a health related discipline, Health Administration, or MBA preferred). Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum of 3 years of direct clinical care experience and experience in a formal Quality Improvement Role and/or active involvement in leading Quality Improvement initiatives at the corporate level preferred.
• One year of experience in Patient Safety and/or Risk and project management preferred.
• Current registration with a health professional regulatory body and/or be a member in good standing with a professional association preferred.
• Certification with the National Association of Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) as a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) an asset.
• Certification as a Patient Safety Officer an asset.
• Lean Black Belt certification preferred.
• Expertise in Lean Methodologies and tools (e.g. process mapping/flow diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, pareto charts, affinity diagrams, force field analysis, tree diagrams, loading diagrams, 5S, FMEA, etc.),
• Computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Email, Internet required. Working knowledge of statistical software (e.g. SPSS) and Quality Improvement software (eg. MS Visio, chart runner) required.
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), critical thinking, attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Is flexible and responsive in a complex and dynamic environment
• Must have leadership, management, conflict resolution, project management, consultation and negotiation skills.
• Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.