$40.776 to $57.578 per hour
Reporting directly to the Clinical Program Director, Diagnostics and Therapeutics, the Manager of Diagnostic Imaging will lead self-directed work teams in each modality providing excellence in patient care.
1. Planning & Administration
• Participates in the development of goals and objectives for Diagnostic Imaging and supports the achievement of these goals
• Actively participates in interdisciplinary collaboration and decision-making with the Clinical Director and Medical Chief of Diagnostic Imaging
• Directs quality assurance activities in all areas of responsibility and ensures adherence to hospital standards and appropriate legislation
• Plans and develops proposals for new capital equipment/ technology and space.
2. Human Resources Management
• Leads the recruitment process to meet present and future departmental needs
• Ensures the implementation of training and orientation programs
• Develops and communicates performance standards and ensures that performance assessments are completed for staff.
• Monitors attendance improvement programs
• Promotes a positive labour relations environment
• Recommends and implements disciplinary action and represents the Health Centre at grievances in accordance with hospital policy
3. Strategic/Operational Management
• Reviews/updates systems and policies to support the vision of the program/Health Centre
• Identifies potential market opportunities within the DI health sector.
• Develops and supports partnerships with internal and external communities
• Communicates the Corporate vision and direction through a variety of media, and articulates the link to departmental strategic initiatives
• Collaborates with Clinical and Medical Directors to develop department Clinical Service Plan.
4. Financial Management
• Collects, interprets, and analyzes data to optimize resource consumption and prepare the department's annual operating plan and budget
• Coordinates the capital equipment requests and installation of approved capital items.
• Monitors costs, investigates variances, and takes remedial action
• Maintains required records, reports, and statistics
1. Completion of a post secondary diploma program in a Diagnostic Imaging modality required.
2. Advanced Certification and/or Bachelor's degree in a health related field required.
3. Membership and Registration with a relevant regulatory body (e.g. CMRTO, Sonography Canada) required.
4. Membership in the OARM (Ontario Association of Radiology Managers) and AHRA (American Hospital Radiology Managers) preferred.
5. Minimum 3 to 5 years recent leadership or supervisory experience.
6. Proven leadership, staff management and problem-solving skills
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
8. Exceptional interpersonal, facilitation, and negotiation skills
9. Effective consultation and coaching skills
10. Satisfactory attendance.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.