Monday to Friday; flexibility required (24/7 environment; carry pager/mobile device and on-call required)
to be determined
The Security Analyst position is technical in nature. The main responsibility of the Security Analyst role is to manage, administer, and configure the security systems at St. Joseph's Health Centre as well as design and maintain security architectures in collaboration with IS Technical Services and IT Applications. Some of these systems include the firewalls, email scanning systems, remote access technologies and VPNs, anti-virus tools, intrusion detection systems, patch management and others.
In addition to the primary security administration responsibilities, this role is also responsible for providing technical expertise in implementing various projects that are dictated by the eHealth Operation Committee including risk, threat management and disaster recovery for the organization. The technical expertise could be in the form of providing their expert opinion, or hands-on implementation on the various systems to ensure that the work required by the project is completed on time. The incumbent will be required to participate in reviewing emerging security technologies, solution design, security controls testing and conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration testing as required and providing their technical recommendations, based on their experience and knowledge.
The role also involves troubleshooting security related issues such as viruses, Trojans, intrusion incidents etc. The incumbent will be responsible for patching servers with Microsoft updates/patches and other patches, as dictated and conducting and reviewing security scans to identify root causes of problems.
1. Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Network and Infrastructure Support or Business Administration required.
2. Minimum 5 years of experience in IT Security required. Project management and/or consulting experience an asset.
3. Extensive experience with different firewalls (e.g. Cisco ASA, Fortinet) required.
4. Experience with anti-spam/malware, SIEM and patch management tools required.
5. Experience with VPNs (e.g. IP Sec and SSL), cryptography concepts, remote access and DNS/DHCP is required.
6. Experience with RADIUS and wireless technologies required.
7. Working experience with Penetration testing frameworks (e.g. GFI Languard, Metasploit) as well as oversee the remediation activities associated with vulnerability findings.
8. Security certifications such as Cisco CCNA, CISSP, SSCP are an asset. Microsoft certifications such as MCSE, MCITP preferred.
9. Understanding of security vulnerability and exploit lifecycle.
10. Demonstrated strong analytical, organization, conceptual and decision-making skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
11. Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
12. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms.
13. Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment. Ability to handle situations involving unplanned outages.
14. Demonstrated initiative, self-direction, leadership and commitment to continuous professional learning.
15. Demonstrated ability to effectively work in teams and on projects.
16. Satisfactory attendance required.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.