Must be available to be assigned on any shift (Days, Evenings, Nights or Days/Nights), 7 days a week, including holidays.
$34.912 to $43.802 per hour
The Department of Laboratory Medicine is seeking an experienced candidate to join its leadership team in the Microbiology Laboratory. The ideal candidate should have very strong technical experience in a Microbiology laboratory.
1. CMLTO Registration required.
2. Minimum of 3 years' experience in a medical Lab Technologist role, with at least two years in Microbiology.
3. ART certification with CSMLS Registration or equivalent is an asset.
4. Advanced level of experience in all technical aspects of bacteriology. Applied knowledge and experience with PCR testing is an asset.
5. Proven ability to introduce, develop, validate and implement new methodologies and equipment in accordance with Ontario Laboratory Accreditation criteria.
6. Troubleshoots equipment and responds to equipment related technical issues.
7. Establishes, monitors and audits QC, Quality indicators and Inventory
8. Assists the Chief Technologist with the implementation and documentation of preventive maintenance programs.
9. Experience with maintaining supply and reagent inventory control.
10. Assists the Chief Technologist with problem solving related to workflow and provides input, as required at team meetings.
11. Excellent communication and inter-personal skills coupled with the ability to teach and professionally develop peers and students.
12. Intermediate level skills with MS Word and Excel soft Office and experience with a laboratory information system required.
13. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.