Diagnostics & Therapeutics Program
Reporting to the Clinical Program Director of Diagnostics & Therapeutics, the Manager will develop, implement and manage the technical support of medical devices at SJHC, provide leadership to technical staff and collaborate with medical, clinical and administrative staff at SJHC, and others, including vendors, as appropriate.
The Manager will be responsible for efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the department to facilitate the timely and accurate provision of clinical engineering services. The incumbent will also be responsible for: planning, organizing & directing the activities of the department, including budgetary responsibilities. In consultation with the Director, the incumbent will promote the vision, strategic objectives and patient-focused principles of the hospital. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing and managing the human resources of the department including scheduling department coverage on a 24-hour basis. He/she will also develop and implement objective, quantitative methods to monitor workload and productivity for all areas and set standards for performance and quality. The manager will act as a hands-on manager, participating in the repair and maintenance of medical devices.
• Manage the medical device service process and other necessary projects related to medical device service, including the scheduling of all associated maintenance programs.
• Respond to requests for clinical or technical support on high level and complex medical equipment/medical technology during periods of clinical difficulty at the patient bedside.
• Manage assigned personnel at SJHC, provide technical direction and guidance to departmental and SJHC staff utilizing medical devices.
• Financial management: develop and manage departmental budget, prepare financial reports and provide advice on operations and capital budget issues.
• Plan, coordinate and participate in educational initiatives related to medical devices.
• Plan, implement and oversee quality control and quality assurance programs and activities.
• Perform repairs, to the component level, on medical equipment.
• Perform cross-functional duties as assigned.
• Managing medical devices through the hospital life cycle including incoming inspection, asset tag assignment, preventative maintenance,etc.
• Participate in corporate capital planning.
• Manage computerized maintenance management software to maintain corporate equipment inventory.
• Participate in medical device alerts/recalls and incident review.
• Report to Clinical Director on key performance indicators.
• Collaborate with purchasing for service contract specifications.
• Collaborate with SJHC equipment managed service partners.
1. Completion of a Master's degree in engineering is preferred.
2. Three years related service experience required, preferably in a hospital environment.
3. Experience working in a hospital environment is preferred.
4. Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario PEO is preferred.
5. Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills required.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills required.
7. Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to set priorities required.
8. Demonstrated clear understanding of medical systems and computer software and hardware.
9. Effective oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
10. Ability to work as a team member and autonomously required.
11. Ability to work accurately under stressful conditions required.
12. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.