The process to be considered for a volunteer placement is:
- You can apply now by completing our volunteer application.
- After your application has been reviewed, you may be contacted to arrange for a volunteer interview. At the interview we will determine if there is a volunteer position available that benefits both you and the health centre. Please not that we receive applications in excess of the volunteer opportunities that are available. Therefore only selected applicants will be contacted to proceed to an interview.
- Select volunteers will be invited to attend a volunteer interview to match your needs to available volunteer opportunities.
- If accepted as volunteer you must complete the following before beginning your volunteer placement:
- Submit two references that know you in a professional manner (i.e. employer, supervisor, teacher, coach, etc.).
- Complete a criminal background check if you are 18 years and older (no expense to the volunteer)
- Complete health testing including blood work and a two-step TB test through your family doctor (there might be a charge to complete the paperwork and this is at the volunteer’s expense)
- Successful candidates must provide a $30 refundable deposit for a uniform and photo ID badge.
We look forward to having you join our team of over 400 volunteers!