Load up on flu-fighting nutrients this winter by making this immune-boosting soup from our dietitian Fiona Bellefeuille. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped finely
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 cups low sodium stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 ½ cups red lentils
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Greek yogurt for garnish
- Add oil to a large pan and heat on medium.
- Add onion, garlic and celery.
- Finely chop the coriander stalks and add them to the pan.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until soft and golden, then add the cumin and continue cooking for another couple of minutes, stirring until combined.
- Add broth, tomatoes, sweet potato and lentils to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer for 25-30 mins, until the potatoes are soft and the soup has thickened (add more water if you feel it needs it).
- Stir in the spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Finish by serving it up into bowls with a dollop of natural or Greek yogurt.
Subscribe to our eConnections newsletter for the latest St. Joe's news, health tips, recipes and more.